The most obvious security issue with mobile phones is that they can easily be stolen, lost and misplaced exposing you to potential breach of security. Criminal control over your phone leaves you with little data control and there is never telling what could happen. The fact that people use mobile phones for serious things such as online banking and online transactions increases the risks. There is also a huge increase in mobile malware especially with downloads from third party apps and visits to insecure websites.
With so many risks staring right at you, you are better devising ways of improving the security of your mobile phone. Simple measures may be all you need to do to stay safe even when you lose your phone. The security measures can also save you from hacks and malware that can be frustrating in every sense. Here are some of the simplest ways you can use to secure personal data most important to you.
>> Biometric Access <<
2. Lock your phone. You can use patterns, passwords and pins to do this. If your phone has fingerprint detection then you should use it too to limit access to your data especially when you leave your phone unattended or it gets stolen.
3. Regularly update your apps and operating system. Updates are important because they could come with additional new features and tighter security. Do no ignore the update reminder but instead let your phone update as soon as possible.
4. Log out sites especially after making payments. Sites you use for payments are quite sensitive and you must ensure you logout after completing the transactions. You should also avoid conducting transactions when using public WIFI and saving passwords and usernames on your phone.
5. Find phone data backup. You can consider cloud service to automatically encrypt and back up data. Other options are connecting it to your PC so you can sync data to preserve videos, photos, files and apps. A Backup plan protects and restores your information when the need arises.
6 Consider the possibilities of remote wipe. It helps you wipe all data on your phone remotely once it is lost or stole so you are able to keep it off the wrong hands. It is a feature that can also help you identify phone location.
7. Download anti-malware for your phone. It will protect you from infections in case you download or open malicious attachments and apps.
8. Keep the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi off when not using. When you leave them on you give thieves a simple way of connecting to your phone and accessing files without your knowledge. Ensure you turn off when you are finished.